How old is my dog if it is a Human?
Ever wondered why dogs live less than humans? Well, we found some explanations about why is that so and how to find out your dog’s years.
How old is my dog in Human years?
- Science does not always agree with the theory that 1 human year = 7 dog years. Every kind of dog ages differently, specially considering breeds.
- Smaller breeds tend to have a longer lifespan compared to larger breeds. Though the reasons behind these are still unknown, it is possible that it is caused by fast growth of larger breeds.
- Some factors to consider to calculate dog years to human years:
- 15 human years = The first year of a medium-sized dog.
- Add up 9 years to get the second year of a dog.
- Then, 5 human years would be roughly 5 years for a dog.
- A 2019 study shared a new formula to calculate dog years to human years based on overtime changes to dogs DNA: human_age = 16ln(dog_age) + 31.